Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Reading List

A classic:

I have long wanted to read a Jane Austen book! I found her books on sale and decided to get Emma. I don't know if I'll be able to get threw it but we shall see! I am very determined! Its not that I don't find the story lines of her books interesting, its just the time in which they were written that messes with my mind when I try to read (or watch) these kind of stories.

Interesting reads:


One of the books for my 101 in 1001. I think its so neat to read a book that's became a movie. Its interesting to see the things that they keep in the movie and the things they take out. Its also great to see if the movie holds up to be somewhat close to as good as the book is (which usually never happens).

This book looked really interesting. Its about a woman who goes to live in India and learns the language and learns much more about the country than she thought she would. I was also very attracted to the name of the book. lol. I have a friend who his first language is Afrikaans and when he dreams he dreams in Afrikaans and he was talking about how he had started to dream in English. I found it so interesting. Seeing as I only have one language I never thought about dreaming in another language.

And for my girly fix:
I shockingly have never seen this movie. I have always wanted to but I just never have. So I am going to read the book and then watch the movie once I finish it! It looks like a book I would love. I'm a sucker for chick flicks :P


This movie looks soo entertaining. A friend of mine read the book a long time ago and said it was really good. Therefore it is being added to my summer list...and it looks like a book that doesn't take too much thinking. :)

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Oh how I love reading lists. Mine is a mile long, but I'm making a dent in it..finally!!