Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gardening- Step 1

As part of my plan to eat local I also plan to make use of this huge yard and grow lots of fresh vegetables and fruits. After my initial excitement I realized that in order to be a smart gardener there are some steps that I must take. So here is your beginners guide to gardening! Taught by yours truly. Of course I'm still learning so bare with me. This shall be an epic adventure!

The first thing that one must know in order to plant a garden is what zone you live in. If you live in Canada you can simply go here. You can also find your gardening zone here under the home and garden section. The zone simply applies to the weather and temperature in the area. Once you find that out (mine is 6B) then you can look for plants that can grow in your zone! I'm off to make a list now! :)

1 comment:

Tanisha said...

WAIT! HOW DO I BECOME A TERRACE GUY IN 5 EASY STEPS?????? I CAN'T FIND ITTTT!!!!!!!!! :'(