Friday, December 18, 2009

5 facts about my day...

1. My street was sheer ice this morning at 5:30am. I couldn't even steer...I coasted until the stop sign and thought for sure I was going to end up in a ditch.

2. One of the residents on the dementia ward was crawling around on his hands and knees writing things in the floor with his fingers...he reminded me of Jesus writing in the sand.

3. I found out that one of the residents who sometimes talks gibberish isn't actually talking gibberish!...well at least when she says (I can't spell it but this is what it sounds like) "granny am". Which she says alot. I found out today that it means "i am good" in nisga! You learn something new everyday!

4. Since learning to drive standard: Every time I drive my moms automatic home over the old bridge and I get up to the intersection I am ALWAYS in shock when my car doesn't roll when I take my foot off the break.

5. Dill pickles are actually growing on me! I hated them as a child....hated isnt a strong enough word...I despised them! But I realized that they are really good in two forms (not raw of course), wrapped in ham with cream cheese, and in a grilled cheese and cream cheese sandwich.

No comments: